Saturday 3 May 2008

Being too religious


When I found out we were going to be discussing people being too religious, it made me think of my own belief in religion. Although I believe in ‘a god’ I am yet to be convinced into a religion as learning about religions raises many unanswerable questions.


People who I think are ‘too religious’ would be the kinds of people who knock on your and post leaflets of their own religion knowing you already believe in another, this would be forcing their own opinions on people and often gets a negative response from people. Other kinds of people whom I believe to be ‘too religious’ are the people who go to large areas of worship in order for a miracle, these people can often be conned into giving up large amounts of money and therefore let their need rule over their mind/reality.


As we stand back and look at a the mother who is giving up large amounts of money to a priest who claims to be able to cure her son from cancer we are unable but to think that the mother has lost her mind and is silly for believing such miracles exist. However, the case would be different if it was our own son suffering with cancer, as sometimes hope is all we have?



Some people's views on faith healers, http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/faith.html

No comments: