Saturday 3 May 2008

Speeding


I do not believe in speeding, and I often stick to the limits of the road, like 30mph round residential areas. This may be because I am a new driver and am still learning getting used to roads etc. However, long roads where there are like 2 speed cameras visible do help the people who want to speed. I have seen it many times cars often slow down where they see speed cameras and speed up again when they are free of them. I do not understand why people feel the need to drive so fast, cameras and speed limits have been placed there for a reason and I really think people are very inconsiderate. The kinds of people I see speeding are those who have new cars and young kids. Both are placing their lives and mine at risk. Perhaps my view to speeding will change the more I drive, I have only had my license for 1 month and so maybe this is my naivety to driving.

There are many articles demonstrating that speeding leads to many accidents http://www.co.henrico.va.us/cc/speedkills/teenandspeed.htm

No comments: