Monday 5 May 2008

Young children swearing and using 'bad language'


I'm not that old but during my time at primary and even secondary school children were very well behaved in the sence that none of my classmates would ever dream about swearing at the teacher. However today it is very common to see children using foul words in order to gain attention/look like a rebel. I may have not witnessed this during my time at school because i went to a grammar school as opposed to a secondary one, but this just not justify the fact that many children do it today.

Children as young as 7 know swear words and also know their meanings. Although swearing is not really a 'crime' i beleve it to be bad behaviour as it shows lack of respect.

Here is what advice is given to parents whom children swear regulary, it also explains why the children may swear. http://www.kidsbehaviour.co.uk/ChildrenAndSwearing.html

No comments: